Sunday 29 April 2012

Canon 5D mk ii compared to 5D mk iii

Canon 5D mk iii comparison with 5D mk ii 

I have been a long term Canon user, investing thousands in lenses, and as a non-manual reader, am sure some of these functions can be changed, but for the time being, I haven't figured it out! 
This is on the 1.1.2 firmware 

1. Custom profiles 

They don't save the image profile. e.g. in C1 mode, you tell it to save to RAW, and save to CF, then swap to SD when full. Register that as C1. 
change to C2 mode, tell it to save to L JPG, and save to CF and SD at the same time. Register that profile as C2 S
swap back to C1 mode and check your image settings.
It's still L JPG - strange huh?

2. Focusing whilst recording video.

on my 5d mk ii, i can press the AF button for it to focus. On the mk iii I can't - it's probably an option, but I haven't figure out where yet!








1.1.2 firmware

No comments:

Post a Comment